1. Find the simple interest on Rs. 68,000 at 16 2/3% per annum for 9 months.
2. Find the simple interest on Rs. 3000 at 6 1/4% per annum for the period from 4th Feb., 2005 to 18th April, 2005.
3. A sum at simple interests at 13 ½ % per annum amounts to Rs.2502.50 after 4 years find the sum.
4. A sum of Rs. 800 amounts to Rs. 920 in 8 years at simple interest. If the interest rate is increased by 3%, it would amount to bow much?
5. Adam borrowed some money at the rate of 6% p.a. for the first two years, at the rate of 9% p.a. for the next three years, and at the rate of 14% p.a. for the period beyond five years. 1£ he pays a total interest of Rs. 11, 400 at the end of nine years how much money did he borrow?
6. A certain sum of money amounts to Rs. 1008 in 2 years and to Rs.1164 in 3 ½ years. Find the sum and rate of interests.
7. At what rate percent per annum will a sum of money double in 16 years?
8. The simple interest on a sum of money is 4/9 of the principal .Find the rate percent and time, if both are numerically equal.
9. The simple interest on a certain sum of money for 2 l/2 years at 12% per annum is Rs. 40 less tban the simple interest on the same sum for 3 ½ years at 10% per annum. Find the sum.
10. A sum was put at simple interest at a certain rate for 3 years. Had it been put at 2% higher rate, it would have fetched Rs. 360 more. Find the sum.
11. What annual installment will discharge a debt of Rs. 1092 due in 3 years at 12% simple interest?
12. A sum of Rs. 1550 is lent out into two parts, one at 8% and another one at 6%. If the total annual income is Rs. 106, find the money lent at each rate.
13. At the rate of 8 1/2% p.a. simple interest, a sum of Rs. 4800 will earn how much interest in 2 years 3 months ?
14. What will be the simple interest earned on an amount of Rs. 16,800 in 9 months at the rate of 6 1/4% p.a. ?
15. The simple interest on Rs. 1820 from March 9, 2003 to May 21, 2003 at 7 1/2% rate will be :
16. A person borrows Rs. 5000 for 2 years at 4% p.a. simple interest. He immediately lends it to another person at 6 ¼% p.a. for 2 years. Find his gain in the transaction per year.
17. How much time will it take for an amount of Rs. 450 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
18. A sum of Rs. 12,500 amounts to Rs. 15,500 in 4 years at the rate of simple interest. What is the rate of interest?
19. A sum of Rs. 1600 gives a simple interest of Rs. 252 in 2 years and 4 months. The rate of interest per annum is :
20. Reena took a loan of Rs. 1200 with simple interest for as many years as the rate of interest. If she paid Rs. 432 as interest at the end of the loan period, what was the rate of interest?
21. A man took a loan from a bank at the rate of 12% p.a. simple interest. After 3 years he had to pay Rs. 5400 interest only for the period. The principal amount borrowed by him was :
22. What is the present worth of Rs. 132 due in 2 years at 5% simple interest per annum?
23. A sum fetched a total simple interest of Rs. 4016.25 at the rate of 9 p.c.p.a. in 5 years. What is the sum?
24. The simple interest at x% for x years will be Rs. x on a sum of :
25. Rs. 800 becomes Rs. 956 in 3 years at a certain rate of simple interest. If the rate of interest is increased by 4%, what amount will Rs. 800 become in 3 years?
26. A certain amount earns simple interest of Rs. 1750 after 7 years. Had the interest been 2% more, how much more interest would it have earned?
27. In how many years, Rs. 150 will produce the same interest @ 8% as Rs. 800 produce in 3 years @ 4 ½ %?
28. If Rs. 64 amounts to Rs. 83.20 in 2 years, what will Rs. 86 amount to in 4 years at the same rate percent per annum?
29. The simple interest on a certain sum of money at the rate of 5% p.a. for 8 years is Rs. 840. At what rate of interest the same amount of interest can be received on the same sum after 5 years?
30. The interest on a certain deposit at 4.5% p.a. is Rs. 202.50 in one year. How much will the additional interest in one year be on the same deposit at 5% p.a?
31. A sum invested at 5% simple interest per annum grows to Rs. 504 in 4 years. The same amount at 10% simple interest per annum in 2 ½ years will grow to :
32. What will be the ratio of simple interest earned by certain amount at the same rate of interest for 6 years and that for 9 years?
33. Nitin borrowed some money at the rate of 6% p.a. for the first three years, 9% p.a. for the next five years and 13% p.a.for the period beyond eight years. If the total interest paid by him at the end of eleven years is Rs. 8160, how much money did he borrow?
34. The simple interest on a sum of money will be Rs. 600 after 10 years. If the principal is trebled after 5 years, what will be the total interest at the end of the tenth year?
35. The simple interest on Rs. 10 for 4 months at the rate of 3 paise per rupee per month is :
36. An automobile financier claims to be lending money at simple interest, but he includes the interest every six months for calculating the principal. If he is charging an interest of 10%, the effective rate of interest becomes :
37. A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 815 in 3 years and to Rs. 854 in 4 years. The sum is :
38. A sum of money lent out at simple interest amounts to Rs. 720 after 2 years and to Rs. 1020 after a further period of 5 years. The sum is :
39. A sum of money amourits to Rs. 9800 after 5 years and Rs. 12005 after 8 years at the same rate of simple interest. The rate of interest per annum is :
40. A certain sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 1012 in 2 ½ years and to Rs. 1067.20 in 4 years. The rate of interest per annum is :
41. In how many years will a sum of money double itself at 12% per annum?
42. At what rate percent of simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 12 years ?
43. The rate at which a sum becomes four times of itself in 15 years at S.I., will be :
44. If a sum of money at simple interest doubles in 6 years, it will become 4 times in :
45. A sum of money trebles itself in 15 years 6 months. In how many years would it double itself?
46. Consider the, following statements : If a sum of money is lent at simple interest, then the
47. money gets doubled in 5 years if the rate of interest is 16 2/3%
48. money gets doubled in 5 years if the rate of interest is 20%.
49. money becomes four times in 10 years if it gets doubled in 5 years.
50. Find the true statements in above
51. The simple interest on a sum of money at 8% per annum for 6 years is half the sum. The sum is :
52. At what rate percent per annum will the simple interest on a sum of money be 2/5 of the amount in 10 years?
53. In how much time would the simple interest on a certain sum be 0.125 times the principal at 10% per annum ?
54. How long will it take a sum of money invested at 5% p.a. S.I. to increase its value by 40% ?
55. A sum of money becomes 7/6 of itself in 3 years at a certain rate of simple interest. The rate per annum is :
56. Simple interest on a certain sum at a certain annual rate of interest is 1/9 of the sum. If the numbers representing rate percent and time in years be equal, then the rate of interest is :
57. Simple interest on a certain amount is 9/16 of the principal. If the numbers representing the rate of interest in percent and time in years be equal, then time, for which the principal is lent out, is :
58. A lends Rs. 2500 to B and a certain sum to C at the same time at 7% p.a. simple interest. If after 4 years, A altogether receives Rs. 1120 as interest from B and C, then the sum lent to C is :
59. Two equal sums of money were lent at simple interest at 11% p.a. for 3 ½ years and 4 ½ years respectively. If the difference in interests for two periods was Rs. 412.50,then each sum is :
60. If the simple interest on a certain sum for 15 months at 7 ½% per annum exceeds the simple interest on the same sum for 8 months at 12 ½% per annum by Rs. 32 50,then the sum (in Rs.) is :
61. A man invests a certain sum of money at 6% p.a. simple interest and another sum at 7% p.a. simple interest. His income from interest after 2 years was Rs. 354. One-fourth of the first sum is equal to one-fifth of the second sum. The total sum invested was :
62. A borrowed some money from B at 12% p.a. S.I. for 3 years. He then added some more money to the borrowed sum and lent it to C for the same period at 14% p.a. rate of interest. If A gains Rs. 93.90 in the whole transaction, how much money did he add from his side ?
63. A person borrowed Rs. 500 @ 3% per annum S.I. and Rs. 600 @ 4 ½% per annum on the agreement that the whole sum will be returned only when the total interest becomes Rs. 126. The number of years, after which the borrowed sum is to be returned, is :
64. A lent Rs. 5000 to B for 2 years and Rs. 3000 to C for 4 years on simple interest at the same rate of interest and received Rs. 2200 in all from both of them as interest. The rate of interest per annum is :
65. A sum of Rs. 725 is lent in the beginning of a year at a certain rate of interest. After 8 months, a sum of Rs. 362.50 more is lent but at the rate twice the former. At the end of the year, Rs. 33.50 is earned as interest from both the loans. What was the original rate of interest ?
66. The difference between the simple interest received from two different sources on Rs. 1500 for 3 years is Rs. 13.50. The difference between their rates of interest is :
67. Peter invested an amount of Rs. 12,000 at the rate of 10 p.c.p.a. simple interest and another amount at the rate of 20 p.c.p.a. simple interest. The total interest earned at the end of one year on the total amount invested became 14 p.c.p.a. Find the total amount invested.
68. What should be the least number of years in which the simple interest on Rs. 2600 at 6 2/3% will be an exact number of rupees?
69. The rates of simple interest in two banks A and B are in the ratio 5 : 4. A person wants to deposit his total savings in two banks in such a way that he received equal half-yearly interest from both. He should deposit the savings in banks A and B in the ratio :
70. A sum was put at simple interest at a certain rate for 2 years. Had it been put at 3% higher rate, it would have fetched Rs. 72 more. The sum is :
71. If the annual rate of simple interest increases from 10% to 12 ½% a man’s yearly income increases by Rs. 1250. His principal (in Rs.) is :
72. A moneylender finds that due to a fall in the annual rate of interest from 8% to 7 ¾ % his yearly income diminishes by Rs 61.50. His capital is :
73. What annual payment will discharge a debt of Rs. 6450 due in 4 years at 5% simple interest?
74. A sum of Rs. 10 is lent to be returned in 11 monthly installments of Rs. 1 each, interest being simple. The rate of interest is :
75. A person takes a loan of Rs. 200 at 5% simple interest. He returns Rs. 100 at the end o1f 1 year. In order to clear his dues at the end of 2 years, he would pay :
76. The price of a TV. set worth Rs. 20,000 is to be paid in 20 installments of Rs. 1000 each. If the rate of interest be 6% per annum, and the first installment be paid at the time of purchase, then, the value of the last installment covering the interest as well will be :
77. If the rate increases by 2%, the simple interest received on a sum of money increases by Rs. 108. If the time period is increased by 2 years, the simple interest on the same sum increases by Rs. 180. The sum is :
78. Mr. Thomas invested an amount of Rs. 13,900 divided in two different schemes A and B at the simple interest rate of 14% p.a. and 11% p.a. respectively. If the total amount of simple interest earned in 2 years be Rs. 3508, what was the-amount invested in Scheme B ?
79. A sum of Rs. 2600 is lent out in two parts in such a way that the interest on one part at 10% for 5 years is equal to that on another at 9% for 6 years. The sum lent out at 10% is :
80. A sum of Rs. 1550 was lent partly at 5% and partly at 8% p.a. simple interest. The total interest received after 3 years was Rs. 300. The ratio of the money lent at 5% to that lent at 8% is :
81. A man lends Rs. 10,000 in four parts. If he gets, 8% on Rs. 2000; 7 ½% on Rs. 4000 and 8 ½% on Rs. 1400; what percent must he get for the remainder, if his average annual interest is 8.13% ?
82. An amount of Rs. 1,00,000 is invested in two types of shares. The first yields an interest of 9% p.a. and the second, 11% p.a. If the total interest at the end of one year is 9 ¾% then the amount invested in each share was
83. David invested certain amount in three different schemes A, B and C with the rate of interest 10% p.a., 12% p.a. and 15% p.a. respectively. If the total interest accrued in one year was Rs. 3200 and the amount invested in Scheme C was 150% of the amount invested in Scheme A and 240% of the amount invested in Scheme B, what was the amount invested in Scheme B ?
84. A person invested in all Rs. 2600 at 4%, 6% and 8% per annum simple interest. At the end of the year, he got the same interest in all the three cases. The money invested at 4% is :
85. Divide Rs. 2379 into 3 parts so that their amounts after 2, 3 and 4 years respectively may be equal, the rate of interest being 5% per annum at simple interest. The first part is :
86. A man invested 1/3 of his capital at 7%; ¼ at 8% and the remainder at 10%. If his annual income is Rs. 561, the capital is :